1. Make an impact on our business, don’t just be visible
PRO TIP: Always try to put your feet into the shoes of your client or employer and see how you can bring value in their business. Don’t just work on your pay. Think in macro.
2. Spend more time helping us think, and help us develop strategies
PRO TIP: Share your thoughts, ideas, feedback, and suggestions by having an open discussion. Don’t keep it yourself. Just talk
3. Lead our thinking. Tell us what our business is going to look like five or ten years from now
PRO TIP: Observe all the small to big things deeply. Understand the objectives of the business, what’s working right, and what’s not. Find different ways to make improvements in the long run. Make a plan
4. Jump on any new pieces of information we have so you can stay up to date on what’s going on in our business. Use our data to give us an extra level of analysis. Ask for it; don’t wait for us to give it to you
PRO TIP: This is the most important mistake most employees or consultants do. They don’t see beyond the set responsibilities or don’t want because they think they won’t get any extra money for these efforts. But trust me, if you add good value in the business of your client you will get recognization for sure.
5. Schedule some offsite meetings together. Join us for brainstorming sessions about our business
PRO TIP: It’s important to make a balance between personal and professional life but sometimes, working some extra hours and have healthy discussions can bring positive changes or additions in the business and in your career.
6. Make an extra effort to understand how our business works: sit in on our meetings
PRO TIP: Whenever you get the opportunity to be a part of the board, management, or client meetings, Just don’t miss it. Observer how brains work, how people share their ideas and feedback and give your valuable inputs.
7. Help us see how we compare to others, both within and outside our industry
PRO TIP: See what their competitors are doing and your client/employer is not doing. What’s trending in the marketing and your client/employer should consider it. Make a note or checklist and discuss it with them.
Chances are you’re already doing some of this. If not all then start work on these points immediately
Add more points in the comment section below.
Join the list for growth tips